- Reporting to Vice President US Offshore Wind
- Department Offshore
- Job Location Santa Monica, CA // Remote Initially
- Travel Required US West and East Coast, occasional transatlantic travel.
Mainstream Renewable Power is a leading global developer of renewable energy projects, focusing on onshore and offshore wind projects as well as emerging renewable technologies. Mainstream is committed to delivering its projects to the highest safety standards.
Summary of Role
Mainstream Renewable Power is looking for an Assistant Project Manager, US Offshore to work with the offshore team to secure and develop significant projects in US waters. The Assistant Project Manager will play an important role in helping to identify opportunities, understand and mitigate site-specific risks and to accelerate and maximise value from Mainstream’s offshore development program in the US.
What you will do? [Key Responsibilities and Activities]
- Keep up to date and inform the team about industry and market news, relevant legislation, guidance, and associated implications in relation to issues affecting US offshore development.
- Assist with market review, technologies research, and US offshore analysis topics.
- Work with the offshore team to feed into offshore lease auction preparation and strategy.
- Management of onshore specialist consultants and advisors including determination of scopes of work, contractor appointment and interpretation of advice received.
- Keep all project information and tasks up to date in Mainstream reporting and managing tools.
- Identify, mitigate, and keep track of all risks, near misses, incidents in Mainstream’s Project Portfolio Management tool.
- Assist in the preparation of bids, and ensure that they are prepared on time, meet the bidding criteria and are of the highest possible standard.
- Provision of technical and strategic advice in relation to environmental, planning and stakeholder issues.
- Construct and manage a Stakeholder Engagement Plan for US offshore projects and represent Mainstream at stakeholder engagement meetings (virtually/in person dependent upon safety of travel).
- Ensure effective communication between partners and other colleagues (e.g. in finance, engineering, H&S) to ensure the Project is designed and developed to be practical, efficient and safe.
- Assist in the preparation and management of the project schedules and budgets.
- Assist in the preparation of the Site Assessment Plan and Construction Operations Plan.
- Ensure all consultants adhere to Mainstream’s H&S standards and Code of Conduct.
- Understand, promote and adhere to all relevant health and safety regulations and policies in undertaking all activities.
- Assist in other day-to-day US Offshore tasks as required.
What we require? [Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience]
- Degree in Engineering, Science, Environmental related disciplines. A qualification in electrical, mechanical, or civil engineering is an advantage.
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in energy or related industry in similar roles.
The Successful Candidate will:
- Be a genuine teamplayer, with a positive outlook, be determined and flexible.
- Be a highly motivated, dynamic, self starter with proven track record of delivery.
- Be flexible in terms of working arrangements, international travel may be required.
- Excellent verbal / written communication skills and strong report writing skills
- Highly analytical with attention to detail and ability to exercise judgement to solve problems
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong initiative and the ability to proactively identify required tasks
- An organised approach to working, task prioritisation and time management
- Be comfortable presenting to management at all levels
What we offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growing market in a fast paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including base salary and bonus scheme.