SUMMARY OF ROLE
This role is concerned with supporting the Company Secretary and Group Compliance Manager in ensuring legal and governance compliance across the Mainstream group. This is a varied role offering exposure to all aspects of Mainstream’s business globally and also provides opportunity for involvement in the many interesting and exciting renewable energy transactions that are ongoing at any time.
Mainstream Renewable Power has over 110 legal entities in 17 jurisdictions and provides excellent opportunities within the Company Secretary & corporate governance function to gain multi-jurisdictional experience and experience a wide & varied workload.
This role is suited to a motivated and dynamic individual who has previous corporate governance experience and wishes to pursue a path to becoming a company secretary. This is an administrative role which involves close attention to detail, the ability to prioritise and manage a consistently large workload in a fast paced working environment. The role involves providing company secretarial support to a rapidly growing business that involves many transactions on an ongoing basis.
- Supporting the Group Company Secretary and Compliance Manager on all aspects of group corporate governance compliance on a daily basis
- Assistance with company secretarial duties including drafting of board meeting minutes, board committee minutes, board and shareholder resolutions, preparation of CRO filings, and board and committee meeting arrangements.
- Corporate documentation and file management to ensure that the database is updated at all times.
- Responsibility for due diligence procedures including responding to Know Your Client and anti-money laundering documentation requests.
- Assistance with incorporation of new companies, liquidations/dissolutions and intergroup company re-organisations.
- Co-ordination of documents requiring notarization, legalization and apostille and dealing
- with various consulates/embassies, the Dublin Chamber of Commerce and Dept of Foreign Affairs.
- Supporting key transactions such as the financial close of projects, new joint ventures and new market entry.
- Supporting with issuing of powers of attorney, share certificates and stock transfer forms.
- Assisting with roll out of compliance training & workshops across the group and annual review of the group Code of Conduct.
- Dealing with confidential material in a professional and discretionary manner.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent organizational, communication, written and interpersonal skills required
- Keen attention to detail is essential
- Previous experience working in a corporate governance role essential.
- Understanding of company secretarial responsibilities, including management of statutory registers and CRO filings is essential.
- Proactive approach to work with an ability to anticipate business needs before they arise.
- Ability to prioritise and handle a large workload under time constraints
- Dynamic, motivated, self-starter
- Experience working with Sharepoint and Microsoft office essential