- Reporting to: CFO Latam
- Department: Finance
- Job Location: Santiago, Chile
- Travel Required: If its required
Mainstream Renewable Power is a leading developer of renewable energy projects worldwide focusing on onshore and offshore wind projects as well as emerging renewable technologies. Mainstream will construct and operate renewable energy assets globally and is committed to delivering its projects to the highest safety standards.
Summary of Role:
Andes Mainstream Renewable Power has been awarded in the 2016 Disco tenders 7, 20 year PPA’s with several distribution companies up to 3.3 TW/Year. The USD $2 billion assets platform is under construction, operational phase is being gradually built form January 2021. Also, the company has a strong business platform under development in LATAM. This position will be responsible for the Asset Management of Latam’s platform, with the commercial responsibility of the operational Platform and energy generation assets, the relationship with electrical regulatory authorities, customers and relevant stakeholders. Also, responsible for Loan Administration, the relationship with senior & VAT lenders, managing drawdown, compliance reports, and all related tasks. Fully coordinated with Treasury, O&M, Project Finance, Commercial and Financial areas, the candidate will join the Finance team and will report to CFO Latam.
What will you do? [Key Responsibilities and Activities]
- A key feature of this role will be collaboration, both internally and externally, with the ability to work cross-functionally with all departments.
- Maintaining commercial and business counterpart with the “Coordinador Electrico Nacional” concerning all the Generation Asset and PPA’s under operation.
- Maintaining commercial and business counterpart with PPA’s customer / distribution companies (Enel, CGE, Saesa, Engie, AES, others Distributor/Generation Company in LATAM) relating all contract considerations, energy supply contracts, invoicing, energy balance, sales support, etc.
- Controlling role with the electrical coordinator” on energy pricing, energy balance, nots sport market, installed power capacity invoicing, cost, etc.
- Representative to the National Electrical Coordinator on any requests and / or information from the Balance of energy with the system
- Develop and maintain proper reports to management and Finance team on invoicing and energy generation / balance, that secure that we have correct generation revenue
- Loan administration of USD 1,3 billion loans in three different indicated loans
- Relationship with lenders parties & corporate lawyer in Chile and New York, for the purpose
- Manage the relationship with external consultant for compliance purpose with lenders, as Environmental, Market, Construction, etc. Also, responsible to coordinate with internal stakeholders the deliveries in all this area.
- Full coordination with O&M team for the operational phase of the generation assets, with share reports and points of contacts with the energy regulatory authority
- Issues management reports for LATAM senior management team, plus corporate headquarter, relating to Energy Segment busines, Loan Administration and all related issues on the Asset Management role
What we require? [Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience]
- Professional qualification required, degree in engineering, business administration or similar relevant professional formation that fits for the position
- 10 years + experience to combine professional training and work experience in practice in a multinational company, operational companies,
- Background on financial, managing lenders and or project finance experience will be d
- Background and experience in energy business, understanding of the Chilean and/or international electrical business environment
- Experience with international / multinational companies, reporting to corporate headquarters
- Experience in dealing with regulatory authorities in any field.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with flexibility and adaptability required.
- Proven ability to manage a broad workload with shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Confident self-starter with the ability to act on own initiative.
- Strong organisational skills with great attention to detail. Keen attention to detail is required with the ability to work without constant supervision
- Flexibility to travel
- A high level of spoken and written Spanish and English is mandatory.
What we offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a diverse, flexible and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growth industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary and bonus scheme.