Reporting to: Finance Manager
Job Description: Cape Town
Travel Required: Limited ad hoc local travel
Mainstream is a global developer of utility scale wind and solar assets operating across Europe, the Americas, Asia and Africa. Our core business is to develop, build and operate renewable energy plants thereby helping to build a sustainable future – globally and locally.
Mainstream Renewable Power South Africa has been awarded a total of 2.1 gigawatts of wind and solar projects under the Government’s renewable energy procurement programme since the first round in 2011.
In Chile, Mainstream owns 1.3GW of fully contracted wind and solar projects in operation, in construction or at late-stage development, due to its unprecedented success in government auctions. In Asia, the company is developing large-scale projects in Vietnam and the Philippines.
In 2021, Mainstream completed a process to find an equity partner to help finance the development and construction of its wind and solar asset pipeline. Our partnership with Aker Horizons enables the Company to strive towards our ambitious targets of securing 5.5 GWs of renewable assets to FC and be IPO ready by 2023. In 2022, an equity partnership with Mitsui strengthened our position and continued our growth trajectory across the world.
Mainstream has raised more than €3.0bn in project finance to date and employs over 500 staff across 11 countries.
Summary of Role:
The Finance Team in South Africa is currently looking for a Financial Accountant to join the team to assist in preparing financial information, including monthly management reporting across the South African business.
The role includes taking responsibility for controlling the flow of transactions of the Developments projects and to interact with team members and stakeholders.
We are looking for a team member who is ambitious, eager to learn and who is keen to work in a challenging fast paced environment.
What you will do:
- Coordinating Accounts Payable Invoices, processing payments, and performing bank reconciliations
- General ledger account reconciliations; including a costing component for project related transactions and overhead allocations
- Preparation of month-end reports and variance analysis
- Assist with monthly VAT return preparation
- TB analytic review and preparing information to be included into Management Accounts
- Analysis of costs and performance, and being pro-active about suggesting improvements
- Working closely with the Developments team, ensuring that their reporting requirements are met
- Various reporting requirements as part of, and in addition to, month end work
- Assisting with annual budgets
- Assisting with annual auditing process and preparation of annual financial statements
- As a member of a dynamic team, you will be requested to perform a range of ad hoc tasks
What we require:
- A newly qualified CA (SA), CIMA or ACCA with at least 1 – 2 years’ experience
- Be able to work efficiently and to a high level of accuracy
- Be inquiring, open to improved ways of working, and comfortable in suggesting improvements
- Be able to solve problems and thrive in a challenging environment, and work well in a team
- Act with high levels of integrity and accountability
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
What we offer:
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growing market in a fast-paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary and bonus scheme.