Mainstream Renewable Power is the leading independent developer of utility-scale wind and solar power plants. The company is focused on delivering a high quality portfolio of wind and solar assets across high-growth markets in Latin America, Africa and Asia.
Reporting to the Head of Finance Chile based in Santiago, this is a key role in the finance team who will work in conjunction with the Head of Finance and Financial Controller for Chile to lead the development of not only the Finance team for Chile, but also act as a key resource on future transactions in South America working cross functionally with the Operations and Commercial teams.
- Managing the corporate budget process for Chile and driving discussions with Chile staff and partners regarding budget spend and challenging this spend as appropriate;
- Management and preparation of the weekly and monthly cash forecast template and weekly cash summary report for the Group Finance team and the CFO;
- Management and preparation for calculations of projected plus historic costs for project finance and cash flow forecasting purposes
- Preparation of Chile Platform management accounts, analysis and commentary; assist in the preparation of the monthly Board Pack section for Chile;
- Providing relevant and timely reports (including costs to complete each phase of each project) and supporting information to the asset manager, cost control team and project managers for the financial management of the development, construction and operations processes
- Assisting in the preparation of Risk and Investment Committee papers to document and obtain approval for material project spends or risks assumed;
- Supporting the external audit for the Chile region as may be required;
- Taking an important role in reviewing and improving controls for the Chile Business;
- Taking an important role in cost analysis and identifying improvements for the Chile Business;
- Taking an important role in developing the Chile finance department as the business progresses;
- Taking a protagonist role in ad hoc projects as required.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- A high calibre Big 4 trained qualified Chartered Accountant (minimum 2-3 years PQE in an international environment or 8 years work experience in a Chilean context).
- Fluent in Spanish and English
- Experience of auditing financial statements as well as relevant industry experience or experience in a blue chip multinational. Industry experience in the energy industry is preferred, but not a pre-requisite.
- Excellent IFRS knowledge preferred
- Self-starter with the ability to act on own initiative, multi-task and meet challenging deadlines.
- As well as having the above financial accounting based training and experience, the candidate must also be strong commercially.
- High levels of dynamism and motivation, with a track record of delivery.
- Strong organisation, communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Excellent Excel skills.
- Flexibility to work on a broad range of projects.
- Flexibility to travel. The role will be based in Santiago, but may also require travel to other Latam markets and Dublin.
What we offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growing market in a fast paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary, bonus scheme and share options.