We are looking for a motivated, organised, and detail-oriented Compliance Executive to join our Legal & Compliance team.
This position plays an important role in shaping the company’s compliance culture, which strives to be the best in class. The successful candidate needs to be approachable and comfortable communicating in writing, in person, and on the phone with people throughout the organisation. Given the ever-evolving compliance landscape, the successful candidate should be proactive and keen to contribute to the promotion of a strong compliance culture at Mainstream.
This role involves working as part of the wider Legal & Compliance team managing risk within the firm globally. The team works to support all aspects of the business, so there will be exposure to different internal client groups and you will work with colleagues across our international offices. Members of the team come from a range of backgrounds, with each providing a different perspective to assess and deal with issues. Sometimes we collaborate as a team; other times we undertake work individually.
The team is expected to contribute actively to the promotion of a risk management culture at Mainstream.
What you will do
This is a job for a well-organised person. The ability to handle an ad hoc daily workload while continuing to advance longer-term projects is key.
In general, the daily work will involve the following:
- Participation in and promotion of a global compliance culture based on a “tone-from-the-top” and “mood-in-the-middle” approach across diverse cultures and regions
- Communicating with personnel throughout the company regarding compliance issues and processes
- Conducting third party due diligence on supply chain partners, joint venture partners and M&A opportunities (using a combination of open source intelligence and external resources)
- Carrying out KYC and AML checks with third parties
- Maintaining up to date and accurate internal compliance records (such as registers for gifts & entertainment, conflicts, training attendance)
- Assisting with preparation and publication of the group modern slavery statement on an annual basis
- Roll-out of Directors Compliance Statements for all Mainstream directors on an annual basis;
- Supporting the general effort to ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements
- Assisting with the drafting of internal policies and processes in areas including ABC, AML, sanctions, modern slavery, data protection & privacy
- Assisting with the design and roll-out of training programmes related to the above, including organising and running compliance workshops with joint venture and supply chain partners
- Responding to compliance queries from within the business
Knowledge & skill requirements – must-haves
- 4-8 years previous experience working in a world-class ethics and compliance program
- Demonstrable understanding of the domestic and international legal frameworks governing compliance programmes including Irish legislation, UK Bribery Act, US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- Familiarity with all aspects that contribute to an effective ethics and compliance programme for a multi-national energy company
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels, in particular, the ability to explain complex principles to stakeholders and effectively influence decisions makers including the ability to say “No” when needed
- Confident in delivering compliance training both virtually and in-person
- Excellent organizational, communication and written skills, with an emphasis on attention to detail
- An effective researcher with a “finger on the pulse” approach to staying abreast of international ethics and compliance trends and regulatory changes
- Proactive with an ability to prioritise and handle a large workload under time constraints
- Experience working with SharePoint and Microsoft office is essential.
Knowledge & skill requirements – nice to haves
- Fluency in one or more languages where we conduct business in a non-English speaking part of the world.
- Experience working in a compliance role with a listed company or highly regulated industry
What we offer
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growing market, with plenty of financial capability to meet the demands of a fast-paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary, bonus scheme, pension contribution, healthcare subsidy, life assurance, and potential to participate in the company share option scheme, subject to completion of the 6 month probation period