Summary of Role :
Mainstream Renewable Power is looking for a Community Liaison Officer to act as a point of contact between the local community and the Camarines Sur wind farm. This role will be responsible for building strong and meaningful relationships with between the project and community members.
What you will do?
The Community Liaison Officer will act as a point of contact for the local community, assisting the Wind Project Development Manager (Project Manager) when communicating and distributing key project information. The key responsibilities of the role are:
- Attend to all communities that fall within the Libmanan Municipality as the project representative and act as the point of contact for day-today engagement and consultation with the local communities that fall within the Libmanan Municipality;
- Liaise and build strong and meaningful relationships with community members, local government representatives, local businesses and any other relevant stakeholders, associations and/ or service providers as required;
- Organize, facilitate and engage in community meetings, group sessions and key informant interviews with various stakeholders;
- Maintain records of all stakeholder engagement sessions including conversations, meetings or briefings (specifically ensuring that minutes at all meetings are taken);
- Identify key community risks and opportunities to be managed at the local level;
- Administrate the project grievance mechanisms on the ground by receiving, recording and responding to all verbal and written complaints/ grievances;
- Provide timely feedback on the project and any issues raised to the relevant stakeholders;
- Assist in compilation, writing and distribution of reports and newsletters
- Receive and document community project proposals
- Implement approved projects in conjunction with the Project Manager
- Assist Project Manager as needed
What we require?
- High school diploma;
- Qualification (preferably completed a diploma or degree) and/ or experiencein one or more of the following is preferable:
- Administration and reporting
- Community development – socio-economic development & enterprise development
- Project management
- Stakeholder management
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Proficient in the operation of computers and knowledge of business support software including Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to form strong relationships and communicate effectively with community members;
- Have excellent knowledge of and experience in local community cultures and dynamics, leaders, local government, customs and practices of the area through prior involvement in the community;
- Self-motivated and able to work independently but also be able to work positively in a team based environment;
- Excellent project management, time management, coordination and organizational skills, with some experience in managing information, communication and public relations;
- Experience in compiling reports;
- Has the ability to co-ordinate;
- Possesses strong mediation, negotiation and conflict resolution skills and has the ability to liaise with all levels of society.
- Is a permanent resident of the Libmanan Municipality, with preference given to residents of towns closest to the project location;