Mainstream sees Europe’s rapid commercialisation and industrialisation of offshore wind as a major first step towards a global transition. The company has positioned itself as a facilitator of this transition with large scale, cutting edge projects in the UK and Germany.
Policy makers around the world are now seeking to replicate the success of these pioneering markets and reap the energy security, industrial development and carbon reduction benefits associated with a thriving offshore wind industry. Mainstream sees many exciting, strategic opportunities ahead.
Mainstream believes that all development is local and that only by taking a locally focused approach to development and partnerships will successful projects become reality. For this reason the company seeks to partner with companies that complement its experience with a skills base that is both locally resourced and respected.
The company’s objective is to build on its European success and extend its business model in targeted new markets. In so doing they look to:
- Create a robust portfolio of projects that maximises value for shareholders.
- Identify the best sites and development strategies to deliver low cost, locally generated power.
- Facilitate the development of a vibrant and sustainable local supply chain.
- Minimise harm to and maximise benefits for the environment and stakeholders.
- Carry out all activities in accordance with its core values of safety, respect, innovation, teamwork, entrepreneurship and sustainability.