In Europe, the company is developing three offshore projects of over 7.6GW in Scotland, England and Germany. Those projects are making significant advancements highlighted below:
- Hornsea Zone, England (6GW)
- Hornsea Project 1, (1.2GW) has been formally accepted for examination
- Hornsea Project 2, is in the process of development
- Neart na Gaoithe, Scotland (450MW)
- Onshore consent granted by East Lothian Council for onshore cable works in June 2013.
- Offshore consent expected in late 2013.
- Horizont, Germany (1.2GW)
- BSH Stakeholder conference (‘Erorterungstermin’) held in March 2013 with consent expected in 2014.
In the process of developing Mainstream’s offshore projects, we continue to shape the market in pioneering new engineering concepts such as the installation of the world’s first ‘twisted jacket’ foundation continuing its efforts towards reducing the cost of energy, risk reduction and performance optimisation.